Montag, 21. März 2016

Wiete - Day 16 (21.3.)

Today we were at the Melbourne Museum.

My day started – like every other ‘normal’ day here in Australia -  at 6:45 am. I woke up, had a little breakfast, and went to the Keilor Campus with Uliana. Then I took the bus to Canowindra at 8:20 am while Uliana had to go to her class. In the bus, there were some other German students. In Canowindra we met the other German students and teachers, and then we walked to the train station called Watergardens to take our train into the city. When we arrived at the city, we went to the Melbourne Museum. 


In the museum our topic was: First Peoples of Australia (who were also called the Aborigines).

We learned a lot about the Aborigines: how they lived, how they were treated, how the British people came and took the country away, and the many different cultures, clans and languages.
For me the most interesting things were the different instruments, clothes and toys for the Aboriginal children. 

During the tour in the museum, we had some questions that we had to answer. It was really difficult because the questions were difficult and the answers were hard to find.




After we visited the museum, we went to a shopping mall which was close to the train station. We ate our lunch and those who didn’t have lunch bought something to eat. 
We met at the station and then we waited for our train. But there was a problem: Our train didn’t arrive. We took a later train so that we weren’t too late for school. Luckily my host grandmother waited for me, and then we picked up Uliana from the Keilor campus (senior school) and drove home.
At home we had a little lunch and Uliana had a piano class. While she was playing jazz songs like ‘Take Five’, I had time to write this blog post. 

Here are three new words which I have learned in Australia:

Impatient: 
Uliana said to me, “I just want this pasta to boil. I’m so impatient!” I didn’t know                                                                    what she meant, so I asked and she explained it to me. It’s an adjective that describes a person who cannot wait for things to happen.

Rehearsal:
This is also a word I have learned from Uliana. She told me, “We have a rehearsal for House Performance today.” So a rehearsal is like a practise for something. In this case, the ‘rehearsal’ was for Uliana’s House Performance.

Precisely:
I took this word because I didn’t know what other word I could take. I asked Uliana if she could tell me a word in English that I didn’t know and she said ‘precisely’. ‘Precisely’ is a word you can use to sound fancy, since it’s a fancy way of saying ‘exactly’ or basically’. 


All in all, it was a very instructive and interesting day! 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen