Montag, 7. März 2016

Roman - Day 2 (7.3.)

My second day in Australia started very early at probably 4:30 am because I wasn't able to sleep any longer because of the jet lag. So I just started texting my friends home in Germany and listened to some music until I needed to get up at 7:00 o'clock. I went downstairs to my hostmother and just had an orange juice because we were about to leave for the welcome breakfast at school. I was really looking forward to meet all the Australian and German students and to talk to them. To be honest the breakfast was very good and even better than the one we had in Germany in our school. 

Afterwards there was an assembly in school and I was deeply impressed by the speeches they had to hold and how strong they believe in Christianity. Another thing I personally like is that they  are so up-to-date with high end technology  and doing those outstanding presentations. Afterwards we went to the "blue house area", this is what they call the area where their lockers are, to prepare for religion class. A thing I immediately recognised is, that the classrooms are completely different than those we have in Germany and even the way of teaching is not similar because they have way more opportunities for example the MacBooks which are connected to an Apple TV. So the rest of day I kept being in class with my host buddy. 
Through the entire school day I got surprised repeatedly because everyone was so nice to me and the other German students and it was a pleasure to meet all those guys. My personal highlight was the double German we had at the end of he day with Mrs. Taiwo and Mr. Eicker because it was kind of funny to help the Australian students with their exercises they had to do in German class. 
Later on when I came home from school at 3:45 I had some pancakes and I was actually very tired and exhausted from school and all this stuff but I din't go to sleep because I didn't want to make the jet lag even worse, so I wanted to try to get in the Australian sleeping rhythm this night. At round about 6 o'clock pm I went to a friends' house to spend the evening there and to have barbecue with Leon, Jaydin and his family. Furthermore I've learned plenty of new things and I have some words I want to explain to you:

  1. boot = When my host father brought me to school he told me to put my bag in the "boot" and I was kind of confused but he explained to me and it's actually pretty simple to memorise.
  2. cap = When I was about to leave school I was told to put the cap on my water bottle and for so far I've never heard of this word, but I could get it out of context and I put it on.
  3. SAC= "School Assessed Course work" this is what the Australian call their tests at school.
I'm so glad to have the chance to be here and I am really enjoying myself. I hope you like my blog and you that you were able to have a deeper look in what our daily life is like here in Australia, at the other side of the world.

4 Kommentare:

  1. Roman, what an excellent english!!
    Hut off... oder wie sagt man im Englischen?? ;)
    Weiterhin eine schöne Zeit, genießt es.
    Britta Conrad

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I take my hat off to you - or short: Hats off!

      I agree, that was excellent English! Must have had a good teacher so far :)

      Löschen
  2. Hallo Roman, schön zu lesen, dass es dir sooo gut gefällt und du so viele einmalige Erfahrungen machst.Genieß die Zeit !!!
    Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland,
    Verena

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hey Roman,
    nice one.
    But I got one question for you: you said you want to explain some words to us, where is the explanation?
    You explained SAC and what a cap is,is clear, but what does "boot" mean?
    Greetings
    Christian Michel

    AntwortenLöschen