Mittwoch, 30. März 2016

Janna - Day 22 (27.3.) EASTER




Today I woke up at 8:30 am in the tent because we stayed at Georgia´s grandparents’ house in “Malmsbury” overnight. After we got up, Liam (my host-brother), Georgia and I had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. It was really funny and Liam won the race. 

Then we had breakfast. Julia (Georgia´s nana) made us egg with bacon on toast which was really good.

Because we were going to have a big lunch, first we had to “walk off” breakfast. So we walked into the little town of “Malmsbury” and drunk a hot chocolate in a park on a lake. 


After returning from the park, Georgia and I watched the movie “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”.

At 3:30 pm we had a very delicious Easter lunch. Georgia´s grandparents cooked a leg of lamb, baked potatoes, some vegetables, and gravy. 

Directly after lunch we played football, and afterwards cricket, in the backyard. Andrew, my host-dad, showed me how to kick, handball and bounce the football. It looks really easy but when you try it you realize that it is actually hard to do. With a little bit of practicing I got some kicks and played with Georgia, Liam and Andrew. 

Later we tried another typical Australian sport game called cricket. We played the version “backyard cricket” in which the batter stays in front of a tree with the bat. The other players are in the whole backyard and throw the ball to the batter and, after the batter has hit the ball, try to catch the ball. It is hard to hit the ball with the bat but it is a lot of fun. Furthermore the game was really funny because we played it with the whole family, and the three dogs of Georgia´s grandparents and our dog were helping with the fielding, running all the time after the balls. The dogs would catch the ball, and then would not give it back to us. 



When we were finished playing cricket, we went back in the house and ate some Australian dessert. It is called Pavlova and looks like a cake. Inside is whipped egg whites and cream and on the top are chocolate and passion fruit and it tastes so yummy!
(Comment Mrs Otten: Try to make your own Pavlova!)
Just follow the link:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/14966/pavlova

The last thing we did at Georgia´s grandparents` house was fly Liam´s helicopter. He really wanted to show me his helicopter and ask me after he showed me how to control it if I would like to fly it. It was the first time for me to do something like that so it was hard to do it in the beginning but after a while I got it and the helicopter was in the air. 

In the evening we left to go to our house and got back at about 8:00 pm. 

It was a nice and funny day which I really enjoyed like all the other beautiful days here in Australia. 



These are my three new words that I have learned in Australia: 

“sink“ - Spülbecken 

„geese“ - Gänse 

„spud“ – you calling someone a “spud” is when you affectionately call someone (a friend) an idiot 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen